So I’ve been away for three weeks now – how lucky am I? Two weeks with my Dad’s family in an all-inclusive resort in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria was followed by a week in Pettenasco, Northern Italy for my cousin’s wedding. It’s been a pretty good month. But when you’re jetting off for a while it can be really tricky to figure out what you’ll need and what you won’t. And we all know how important it is to stay below that crucial baggage allowance!
With that in mind and knowing that many of you are still to go on your summer holiday, I thought I’d let you guys know what products I used most when away in the hopes that it might help you make the most of your packing and your trip!
My skin care routine at home is quite long and time consuming, but there was no way I was spending my time on holiday faffing around with serums and scrubs and I also wanted to minimize the amount of stuff I brought with me. So I paired back my routine to the bare essentials and honestly, my skin looks and feels as good as it ever has.
Here’s what I used and the order that I used them in:
- Organic Coconut Oil (I used a Tesco one, but any brand will do)
- Pennys/Primark Mud to Foam Charcoal Cleanser (not available online)
- The Ordinary Glycolic Toning Solution
- The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil
- SOSU Dripping Gold Wonder Water (not technically skin care, this is a self tanning spray that I sprayed on my face every few nights and buffed in with a Real Techniques Kabuki brush because I don’t let the sun on my face)
Similarly, I wanted to keep my makeup simple while I was away. I didn’t want to use foundation or concealer and thanks to my Pennys cleanser, my skin was so clear that I didn’t feel the need to. I wanted my makeup looks to be fresh, glowy and shimmery – but simple!
Here’s what I did use:
- The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer
- Catrice Cosmetics Lashes to Kill Mascara
- Pennys/Primark Glow Getter Highlight Palette
- Pennys/Primark Gold Rush Eyeshadow Palette
- Catrice Cosmetics Essential Nude Eyshadow Palette (I used one of the shades in this to fill in my brows)
- So Kiss Me Lip Kit in Birthday Suit
- A range of other lip kits from Pennys/Primark
- Pennys/Primark Matt Setting Spray
So that’s it folks! I think the most important thing to do is get your skin care right and then settle on a makeup style that you can use with versatility throughout your travels. In the end, I was really happy with everything that I brought and didn’t feel that I was missing anything from back home.
I hope this helps any of you who are travelling soon!