A few months ago I was contacted by a PR and asked if I’d like to be sent a copy of a new book written by Judith Mc Adam. When the PR explained the premise of the book to me, I jumped at the chance to get my hands on it. At the time I was feeling a bit lost, out of sync with myself and I knew I needed to get back to the basics of self love and self care. The book couldn’t have come at a better time for me.
The Source is exactly what I needed. The idea of the book is that we all have our own innate power within us, but most of us live our lives without ever really connecting to that power. Until we connect to it we can never reach our full potential.
In the book, Judith talks about her own struggles, but also uses examples of clients of hers who’ve managed to achieve great things by connecting to their power through her guidance.
Some of my favorite things about this book include:
- Her style. She writes beautifully, simply, and persuasively.
- She’s included “diary pages” at the end of each chapter which act like a journal, and ya’ll know how much I love a bit of journalling.
- She also includes a “toolbox” which provides practices that will help you connect to your power and stay connected to it no matter what’s going on in your life.
- There’s a big focus on meditation which I think is absolutely essential to any kind of personal growth. Meditation was the foundation of my year in therapy. Having slowly lost my hard earned meditation practice over the past year, this book brought me back to meditation which I’m so grateful for.
- Finding your inner child is one of the main principles of this book and I just loved, loved, loved that. I genuinely think every single person I know could benefit from reconnecting to their inner child.
Would I recommend this book to you guys? Yes. Absolutely. If you’re feeling out of whack, like you don’t know where you’re going or what you want, this book will help you to find your roots, your desires, and your purpose.
You can buy it here!
Want more reviews on books that will help you feel beautiful and powerful in the skin you’re in? Check out my review of Body Positive Power, by @bodiposipanda here!